Chameleons and Turtles and Snakes, oh my!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
Wow, thanks for the update Chris! You have quite an amazing collection going. I really like those G. hamiltonii. Good luck with all your projects and keep us updated.
G. hamiltonii are very cool turtles, I really enjoy them. Both of mine beg for food if you are in the room. The larger one will paddle straight upward and splash water everywhere until you come over and feed "her." The smaller one hasn't learned that trick yet but she swims up to the front of the tank and swims at you until you feed "her."

omgosh, you have a boelen's?? how/where did you get him?
that's so awesome!! don't see those guys often, but they are soo neat.
I do. I got him from a friend who brought a few in (CH). He is an awesome animal. I really hope I can afford a female next year. He shed yesterday so here are a couple updated pics. His adult colors are starting to come in:

Enjoy!

Chris

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Awesome pictures! What is that little critter on the side of the coin?

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
Thanks guys!

Awesome pictures! What is that little critter on the side of the coin?
Newborn Wolkberg Dwarf Chameleon (Bradypodion transvaalense).

Chris

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
You take some outstanding pics Chris. What type of camera are you using?

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
I use an old 6.3 Megapixel Canon EOS Digital Rebel (the original 300D model). Those pics were all taken with a Canon 100mm Macro lens and a MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite strobe.

I'm hoping to upgrade to either a Canon EOS 5D Mark II or Canon EOS 7D but I keep spending my money on my animals. So far I don't think my photos are hurting because of the older technology or lower pixel count though so no biggie.

Chris

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I'd love to get a digital Canon EOS with a macro lens. Sometimes I borrow my dads 35mm EOS which has a really sweet zoom lens but it's not a digital. My current point and shoot 10 mega pixel Canon is ok but I'd be much happier with an EOS. I also need to invest in a good tripod.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store