Conskis 34 Gal Solana Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
i really like the idea and i think i grasp how to do it so im going to attempt to. the only thing i see being a problem is the hose being attached to the part where the Y comes out!

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Don't mind me asking, but what is a floating reef? I want to get in to saltwater after a little saving ;) so I am just considering my options and a floating reef sounds cool.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
its interesting to say the least. is sort of like a fram made of PVC that the Live rock will rest on.. this way the rock has all surfaces showing and is not at all buried in side.. better filtration.. hopefully like aces is mine will have water shooting upwards towards the top of the tank to create an updraft and make the clean water shoot the poorer water up to the top to be skimmed!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
okay i really LIKE this idea now the more i think about it. i was trying to figure out what to do with the Y thing because i will have an mp10 anyways! this is perfect! I THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING CHETO in the pipes as well but that would require light but that would be so awsome

Last edited:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Take off the Y and just snap one of the Loc-Line flexi arms directly to the back wall instead of the Y. Then you can flex it down and use a shorter piece of hose as long as it is close in diameter. If the hose is just a little small you can use a hair dryer on high for a minute or dip the end of the hose in boiling water for a few seconds to soften it and try and slip it over the loc-line. As it cools it will be a tight enough fit that you won't have to worry. On the barb/PVC side I would probably suggest a plastic hose clamp as an extra precaution, but I really can't see a way it would come off on its own if the hose it cut perfectly to length, which with the loc-line arm it doesn't have to be that perfect because you can adjust it a little.

Only issue I can think of is the hose not being thick enough and a rock possible crushing the hose if you rest a rock against it.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
That is very cool. Does it look good?

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
It actually blends in pretty good. Looks great actually. Will the whole frame become purple eventually?

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
ok. I also noticed some corals growing on the ledges in your aquarium. Did you put them there?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store