Crab caught!!! Id please !! Pic of the lil guy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I havent put in the sand because Im full of these hitchhikers :( You think that means those other ones I have are bad to? Is there more than one usually crab?
Seriously man don't sweat these HH's. EVERYONE goes through this and most of them turn out to be nothing but a good thing anyway. Put it this way, if I bought "live" rock that didn't have at least one HH, I would feel like I got ripped off :) It's all good. Your tank is looking good. Just focus on getting the tank settled/cycled and do some research on what kind of a CUC, fish and corals you want to start with.

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
alright thanks a ton guys for the help going to call the lfs! You guys think Im okay while there to pick up some cuc dudes?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Remind me again, how long has this tank been running and how are your water test results coming?

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
last nights test everything at 0. All the colors were in the top bar in the test kit.
Its been up about 1 1/2 weeks so far.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hmm, I hate it when its zero so early on. You either got really good/cured rock with no die off or you haven't started cycling yet. I would recommend waiting a little longer and testing a bit more especially since you haven't added your sand yet. A CUC will probably not survive an ammonia spike if you have one.

Edit: You should ask your LFS about the quality of the rock you got and possibly bring them a water sample to double check yours. Knowing whether or not your rock was fully cured when you bought it would be helpful. Just keep in mind LFS's are businesses and therefore must make a profit. Not saying they would intentionally give bad advice but I have been to a few that do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store