Damselfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
i think 20 gallon tank is too small for a GSp and the mono, especially both. even as babies. GSP can be territorial.

i wouldnt hold much hope for the mono in a 20 gal w/ a GSP

id suggesst a larger tank before you start adding MORE fish. you know that mono will get a foot TAll right?

and a damsel is a salt water fish, not brackish.

im sure they can tolorate it, but hey, we can breathe helium. i would reccomend neither.

Last edited:

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
yes I know that a 20 gal is small for both, but they are both still small, and they don't touch each other. None are at all territorial.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
well I got the damsel. I got a yellowfin damsel. I may be donating my GSP so that leaves me with just the mono and one yellowtail damsel. All the fish are getting along really well, and as I said, I have a very tame and calm puffer. He never nips and I even have two amano shrimp which he does not touch. Right now, my salinity is about 1.012. I drip acclimated the damsel for about 2 and half hours. I had it in a bucket with the water that it came with and about trippled or quadrupled the amount of water. So far, the damsel seems to be doing really well and he is swimming all around not being aggressive at all. We'll see how it goes though, and I'll keep you updated.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
i dont understand why youd ask for help, and then blatently go against all good advice given.

i mean, what did you not understand about a damsel NOT being a brackish fish?

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
It most likly will die... good thing they are cheap right?.....

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
GSP end up being full marine fish don't they?

Maybe if you got rid of the mono and changed the tank to full marine you could get a damsel.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
well I got the damsel. I got a yellowfin damsel. I may be donating my GSP so that leaves me with just the mono and one yellowtail damsel. All the fish are getting along really well, and as I said, I have a very tame and calm puffer. He never nips and I even have two amano shrimp which he does not touch. Right now, my salinity is about 1.012. I drip acclimated the damsel for about 2 and half hours. I had it in a bucket with the water that it came with and about trippled or quadrupled the amount of water. So far, the damsel seems to be doing really well and he is swimming all around not being aggressive at all. We'll see how it goes though, and I'll keep you updated.
GSP end up being full marine fish don't they?

Maybe if you got rid of the mono and changed the tank to full marine you could get a damsel.
Its already in there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store