Damselfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
ah man, thats like from the oldschool when id have to stay up past my bedtime to watch SNL.

that skits always stuck in my mind...

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
many said the damsel should be fine beelzebob...

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
assuming it was slowly brought down to this SG but why you would anyone want to?
i think they could, not sure how long tho.
a salinity that low is considered a good treatment for marine ich. For extended periods of time however I think its better to have them in a salinity 1.020 or higher.
It most likly will die... good thing they are cheap right?.....
Maybe if you got rid of the mono and changed the tank to full marine you could get a damsel.
what did you not understand about a damsel NOT being a brackish fish?
really?:confused:

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
as others have said i dont want to bash... but for some reason i have a hard time believing you drip acclimated for 2 and a half hours.

Usually people with the state of mind to ignore advice that they asked for wouldnt care enough about a 3 dollar fish to drip acclimate it for hours...

just my state of thinking... not saying that you for sure didnt..

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
no i actually did drip acclimate it for 2.5 hrs. I wanted to make sure it would be fine because I know going that going from saltwater to hgh end brackish water wouldn't be a very small change. He is still doing great and now he has eaten flakes. I think the flakes were too big before. He is still as colorful as he was. Also, I am slowly raising the salinity. When I get to closer to the marine salinity, can I still keep the gravel or do I have to change it? Also, can I have a salt aquarium without live rock? I do water changes atleast once a week, sometimes twice, and I have a hagen elite internal filter (use it as a powerhead) and an aquaclear 150.

Thanks

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
ok, then good for you.

You can keep a tank without LR, but you need to find some sort of beneficial bacteria filtration imo/ime. I would switch the gravel out for sand, and maybe add one or 2 pieces of LR if your not looking to spend a lot. But you could also get away with a wet/dry filter, or simply adding LR to your HOB filter...

See what others have to say however.

Jay

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I don't know my goal. Just something where I could keep easy but colorful fish. Would just a 15watt fluorescent strip do for my 20gal for live rock or?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store