Dividing up a sump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
i don't want to confuse you, but i have the same structure in mine, but i will redo it soon, because i hate high borders. constantly have to keep level of water in check

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
atnixon said:
Cheech..One thing on your design..If you fuge was made at 14 and the return at 12, instead of 9, do you think your evap would of been a lot less?

Niko
I'm guessing it would help.. not sure by how much though . The tank I have now is a 180, and I have to fill the retun daily... If I go 2 days without filling it, I'm afraid the pump will take in too much air and might fry. That's why I'll be adding an RO unit and fill the fuge when needed...

hey, one thing I noticed on your other thread. Your return is my intake.

My setup intake is on the left, and the return is on the right side of the sump.

Any particular reason for setting it up that way? ?

I'd take some pics of my sump, but I don't have a camera on me. I'll do so tomorrow morning and upload it, to show you my setup...

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
alright. This is pretty much my layout (except mine is deeper. This drawing is scaled at 12" deep which reflects your setup)

Hopefully it'll help, if you decide to go with this kind of setup .

sump 3d.jpg

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Thanks alot cheech...nice and easy to understand drawings mate..

Will be looking at getting the sump layout closed off this weekend and get the glass ordered..

Thanks for the help

Niko

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
absolutly awsome...i gotta get meself some of that !!!!!

and a quick search in google shows loads of company's that sell it...hmmmmmmmm...pause for thought...i can feel my credit card slipping out of my wallet as we speak...

Niko

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Glad I could be of some help! If I get to posting to many links to that site please let me know. It is just really easy for me to find stuff there since that is where I spend most of my time as I am a supervisor for them. If any of you guys would like to join please mark me as a referal and remember I have the same screen name there if you need to get ahold of me!!

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Ok, just a little update really...

Just thought i would post the finished design of my sump in the hope that somebody may just find it usefull to either copy or adapt to their own fish tank..

Any feedback on final drawing would be most appreciated indeed.

I just want to say thanks to everybody who has given their input and suggestions / critism..

P.S sorry if the image comes out massive, but i did it on A3

Niko

20061214164737052_0001.jpg

Niko,
In the setup you show here, where is your skimmer located?
Is the water depth the same all the way across the sump or are different areas different depths?

I am looking to make keep my skimmer in a separate section and have the water depth consistent (no impact from evaporation). How does everyone do this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store