DIY 3D background

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Ks....risky at best IMO.....would at least attach a reasonably thick piece of plywood to the back to give some lateral support to those uprights. Toddlers can do amazing things despite their size.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Ks....risky at best IMO.....would at least attach a reasonably thick piece of plywood to the back to give some lateral support to those uprights. Toddlers can do amazing things despite their size.
Totally agree, do that fix asap. It wouldn't take to hard of a hit from the side to make that thing rack and collapse.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I can do that, or get my hubby to when he gets in.

Good deal! :cool: It will give this old fart some peace of mind! Would hate to see the cookie cruncher hurt.

Doesn't have to be much, 1/4" or 3/8" thick....easy task. :clap:

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Done some work. At the moment I have silicon by twos. I think I have 10-12 pieced so far, before my son woke up from his nap. Now I have to wait until hubby gets in so I can finish the rest.

Oh I heard his truck now...

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
looking good!

you're doing the right thing bracing that stand...

Pofke13LT

Dr. Funkenstein
Oct 1, 2010
Grayslake, IL
Real Name
Povilas
I just built a 3D Wall a few days ago. It came out looking really good.. I chose not to do the layered style like yours because I figured it would be a real pain in the neck to get all those little cracks and gaps filled with concrete, and I was right lol. Even the way I did it wasnt easy to get every little spot

Waltmark

AC Members
Aug 27, 2010
Atlantic City, New Jersey
to the OP and to Pofke,

so let me get this straight, its styrophone, cut how you like, with cement or something coated/sprayed over it? that's awesome! Are there any detailed step by steps on this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store