Do you have a big tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I have a 100 that I had set up until recently, and a 180 that will be a reef tank. My fish club has several 180, a 150 DD, and 375. All salt lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
I have a 100 that I had set up until recently, and a 180 that will be a reef tank. My fish club has several 180, a 150 DD, and 375. All salt lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I would rather have 1 big fish like an Oscar or a lionfish (I'm getting only 1 lionfish and nothing else for my 75 gallon SW)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Everyone is going large and salt! I'm missing out, haha.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Dude I didn't even think about salt when I started but once I started thinking big I knew it had to be salt. My lfs has a tiny salt section but it's wonderful checking it out. The colors of salt fish are just INSANE

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
FW is great, don't rush yourself...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Oh no, I'm fine with FW ;)

Dude I didn't even think about salt when I started but once I started thinking big I knew it had to be salt. My lfs has a tiny salt section but it's wonderful checking it out. The colors of salt fish are just INSANE
Yeah they are! I switched to another fish store for livestock a few years ago which also stocked salt, and because my old supplier didn't, I was shocked at the weird shapes and colours of salt fish and inverts. Some of them don't look real!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Agreed. It makes me really think about the environment they evolved in to get all those shapes, sizes, colors, and even their defense mechanisms.

Seahorses, lionfish, a thousand others that are just so different. I'm actually going to start my salt adventure with a species dwarf seahorse 10g tank. Can't wait

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
My LFS won't even carry seahorses. They said "yeah, we don't have much with them" which means they always die. I really wanted to try and breed but I'm worried about shipping so I'm sure I'll just enjoy it as is. Ever since my fish started having babies (egg layers and livebearers) I've been obsessed with breeding. Love raising the little fry

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Man you guys and gals have some big tanks. I have to figure out how big my neighbors tank is. Saltwater is cool and all, but it is SO expensive for all of the stuff compared to freshwater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store