EARTHQUAKE!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What provisions have you made to keep your fish safe in an earthquake?

• have 'quake proofed my tank(s) - Anchored to wall, stand, cushioned area around tank, specialty tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did something in between these choices

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I guess it depends on the type of quakes you get too. A slow roller like you isn't so bad but get a nice bumpy one near a fault and look out. Every area can get earthquakes. People around here would say we don't have earthquakes but they do happen. We have 'em hit NJ every 10 years or so. They're only around a 2 or so and most people just think a big garbage truck rolled by or if they were driving didn't even know that one had happened. So nothing to do about a tank here and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of what to do to prevent a catastrophic tank failure in an earthquake prone zone but I'd be sure to have some plastic tubs, extra heaters, filters and air pumps handy.

Q

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
I live in Hurricane country instead.... I have battery op bubblers for every aquarium and two generators to keep all the pumps running.

Rita almost got me last year....

Mr. U

Can I have a cookie...pweeeze?
Oct 18, 2006
California Central Coast
man i live in quake country. in fact, there is a fault line near me, right beside a nuclear power plant. hmmm, i don't think it's the quake i'm worried about :)

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
the nice rolling ones are fun - but usually we get the hard sideways bumping kind, and sometimes with several hard bumps. Enough so that people use earthquake putty on good china, crystal, pottery and such, and bolt bookcases and entertainment centers to wall studs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store