EYES finally open !

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
lmao , yes aqnd im trying to not look at the tank ,better wait for dark ......................
And going to the mall , gonna drop into canadian tire ,arm sore from flashlight ,will use a batterie one and try and find the rechargeables in the hundreds of batteries hubby has (he collects them )
OMG FRAID TO LOOK lmao
oh i didnt tell you , everytime i went "omg julie LOOK " the great dane would bark like crazy .(tried to hush her up so she didnt scare our new pets into a hole lol)
and when i finally let her out she went straight to the tank and i could see her looking and woundering "OK WHERE ISS IT"
funny

jayghmi

Senior Member Wannabe
Feb 3, 2007
Western Michigan
See if you can get a Red filter for your flashlight! I have found that my critters don't run as fast with the red light, while often the direct flash (white) light makes them hide.

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
funny i missed your post for me jayghmi................i was in the flaslight isle conemplating for 30 min what to do ,so i got a noma with , red ,blue and orange to be safe ,they had a more expensive one that i may get after testing this one lol
canadian tire had no m/glass grrrr so we went to toy store and i got 3 m/glass one is a small cup like , one is a reg one and one is huge almost the size of a soccer ball in which i had to break a toy to get it lmao.
now im just gonna clean and get ready for the dark lol

I have a friend ,she has 3 fw tanks lmao , i have just made plans with her to come up tonight 1 hour after dark lmao
Im woundering how long it will take her to switch to SW lol
OH im BAD

Last edited:

rxdoc_85

AC Members
Mar 9, 2008
st. louis, missouri
haha blossom. i've been following this thread, and couldn't agree more. i spend more time just gazing at the live rock more than i look at the fish! it seems the longer i look the more i see. i always heard others talking about having pods, and i was sad that i didn't have any, until one morning i turned on the light, and when i looked at the rock i saw about 50 of the little guys scurrying to find a hole to hide in!! now i see new baby feather dusters, some strange worms creeping along the rock, new forms of algae, and all kinds of other critters. my live rock is quickly becoming my fav part of the tank!!! i sit and gaze, and before i know it an hour or two has flown by. i never knew that i'd get so into this marine aquarium hobby when i dove into it a few months ago!!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, thats it...I have to try a m/glass and flashlight, THANKS Blossom...yet another reason for me not to go to bed at night!!!

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
rxdoc_85, thats so awsome ,tonight we are going to try and get some pics to share , i have much to watch for and time does fly lol

Lady G, i was thinking you did it already if you havent then be forewarned DONT DO IT YOUR LIFE IS OVER IF YOU DO LOL.
I find it easier with the m/glass if you break it out of the casing then just place it on the glass and slide it gently tho dont scratch the tank lol
gonna move my rock aroung b4 dark i want more surface area lol

jayghmi, oh your rock must be awsome ,wish mine was that old lol

funny when im watching everything has to be quiet lol

woodright ,,,,,,, yes that was the worm i saw ....... hey thanks ,my daughter woke with a caugh had to go lay with her lol

Last edited:

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
Well im almost ready ............hahaha
just need to get a pot of coffee ready ,get homework finished ,and set up chairs lol, my friend has been calling me every hour making sure i clean the glass and get ready ...........she is already contemplating turning her turtle tank into a SW tank lmao.She is going to love this lol
Glass is cleaned ,m/glass is cleaned and ready and the flashlights are loaded.We are going to try and get some pics tonight
better get some extra batteries on hand lol:help::headbang2::drool:
Now i cant wait to buy more LR lol

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
lights are out ,and just gonna relax wait an hour or so ,then take a peak.hopefully i can get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight lol
Should i use the blue or red ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store