Favorite Guns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

UncaBret

Yummmm!
Nov 23, 2005
Normal,IL
www.myspace.com
Okay, all you shooters out there; what is your favorite?

Mine are my S&W 586+ Mountain Gun and my WWII era M1 carbine.
The S&W is light and shoots great with either .38s or .357s. Nice grip, too.
The M1 was made in Sept '44, but shoots great. Been refinished but the numbers on receiver and barrel match.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I am just finsihing cleaning up a 39" India Pattern British Flintlock Musket. Very pretty gun.

I previously worked on a Schneider Enfield Breech Loader.

I don't get to fire them but I get to watch as the experts do. Nice guns.

JinxXx0085

AC Members
Jun 12, 2005
Montana
I don't have a favorite gun yet. I've been thinking about looking into getting springfield XD 40 cal.
Currently, I, personally only have mini 14 and ruger mark II pistol (.22 cal).
The .22 is fun to shoot. And the mini 14 looks great, I got it new stock, bipod, and scope. All black. :bowing:

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
I just love to shoot my Daddy's old shotgun.... I honestly don't even know what brand it is. He's hunted with it for probably 25 years and loans it to me when I go hunting. It has a modified barrel and it just seems to fit me. I don't know why. I could shoot clays all day with it and if you're a pheasant.... Well, it's just not safe!

;)

DirkW

7 Kids, 4 Tanks, 2 Birds
Oct 28, 2005
Southeastern Virginia
Mine is a .22 Colt Woodsman Match Target. It has a weighted 6.5" barrell, extended wood grips, and wide trigger; completely original from the factory. The gun's center of gravity is at the pivot point for the trigger. I inherited it from my Grandfather who purchased it new, I believe in 1953. I have the original box, users' manual, and the test-fire target from the factory.

Years ago, when I was competing, I would fire at least 500 rounds a week through it. In addition to the sentimental value, it's a joy to shoot. Semi-auto with a 10 round clip, barely any barrel lift from the recoil, and it's a whole lot cheaper to fire than a .45.

Last edited:

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
I've had limited experience with firearms. But when it comes to going to the shooting range, I prefer to shoot the .44 mag rifle. :) I think I got that right.

Lila

cyberbeer65

Scratch Glass!
Jan 29, 2005
Metro Detroit
www.myspace.com
Camera Used
Galaxy S10 Plus
Mine is my Remington .30 06 semi automatic rifle my Grandpa gave me before he died in 1993.

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
Ahh, how to pick a favorite.

Rimfire rifle: Marlin Model 39A golden.
Centerfire rifle: Marlin Model 1895 (not the carbine) 45-70 government
Shotgun: Fox Model BSE 20 ga side by side
Revolver: Colt anaconda Stainless
Pistol: Ruger P-90 .45 ACP
Primative: Traditions Pennsylvania rifle .50 cal

In any of those categories I could name quite a few runner-ups, but I guess that would be my best of show list.

And BTW DirkW I'm a huge fan of the little colts as well.

Dave

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
I chose calibers first, guns second.

That being said. My favorite handguns are H&Ks, Ive got a compact .40. Im looking to get a M14 with a synthetic stock as my next rifle. And I need some type of autoloading shotgun, but havent got anything decided.

I have to research some florida laws and see how/if i can get a NFA/class 3 permit.

Last edited:

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
Guns n' Roses. :)

I really miss that band.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store