fighting bettas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaGem

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Kzoo Michigan
Real Name
Tori
That is sad :(. What happened to the value of life? Who would want to watch that for entertainment, let alone advertise it? I don't care if they feel pain or not, it's still sick.

DopeDMF

Banned
Jan 14, 2009
Please dont get me wrong. I dont think that its cute . All i am saying is if you wanna fight them go ahead and fight them. If you dont want to believe <edited>, you dont have to right? My point is its a choice and people should have the right to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
fish fighting is a fact. it is part of the natural selection process.

it is natures way of gleening or selectively breeding for the best in the species..while not perfect it has it's purpose, especially in the natural setting.

I personally don't find it entertaining to watch. .
nor do i find it entertaining to see a large predator prey on a a smaller animal.

I am similar to many of us here.. I prefer to watch my fish and keep them in more docile surroundings. we strive to reduce this behavior.
more studies would need to be done to see if the bettas are being raised and culled similar to the fighting dogs.

Kevin S.

Barb Wired
Jan 3, 2009
Derry, NH
fish fighting is a fact. it is part of the natural selection process.

it is natures way of gleening or selectively breeding for the best in the species..while not perfect it has it's purpose, especially in the natural setting.

I personally don't find it entertaining to watch. .
nor do i find it entertaining to see a large predator prey on a a smaller animal.

I am similar to many of us here.. I prefer to watch my fish and keep them in more docile surroundings. we strive to reduce this behavior.
more studies would need to be done to see if the bettas are being raised and culled similar to the fighting dogs.
Fish fighting is a fact in a fishes natural environment without human involvement. If one was to follow this logic on a fishkeeping level I would just put my tetras in the tank with angels and piranhas and let nature take its course.How satisfying would that be? We as fishkeepers have an obligation to the fish we purchase to give them at least a chance at a decent life as they are still living things.

getabigtank

Banned
Dec 22, 2008
Thats a good point about the comparison to dogs. I agree though, its part of life, deal with cards your delt. In the mean time we can chill with our bettas and other fish in our home aqauriums.

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
i don't believe its wrong to eat a fish if you are hungry and thats what you have (thats what they are ultimately for after all) but when you torture them thats just crossing a line. I believe that humans are above animals, yes, but when humans abuse their power to this degree, they don't deserve that power anymore. Its basically like going to the coliseum to watch your slaves fight to the death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store