Finally, Brichardi Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
wow afro you must be good luck buddy because i am looking at my new brichardi fry that just hatched that i didnt even know about heres some photos and whats a trip is this is my first brichardi spawn in a shell, i have had other successfull spawns but none in a shell ---

068.JPG 073.JPG 076.JPG 074.JPG

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hey afro i got a tret today he is in with the shellies

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hey afro..

yeah right now the tret is just a wi one tiny right at an inch he was given to me and is being punked by my brevis, thanks buddy later..

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Pitbull, have you witnessed your Brichardi spawn from the eggs hatching? I'm wondering how long the wriggler stage lasts. They're going on 4 days now, just developing eyes and becoming more active. I'm wondering if I should wait until the free swimming stage to feed? It's going to be a pain getting the food down to them. I tried some crushed flake today, but my intake for my sump is on that side, and it's very effective. I'll have to use a baster to get food down there. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
cool that is what i was going to say about the baster, try some live brine and target feed i do my multi fry that way with a old medicine bulb dropper, in the years i have had brichardi's honestly i never target fed them, when i fed the tank they would eat as well, but what you could do is step up feedings also step up water changes for the bioload with crushed flakes along with extra live brine shrimp, on the hatch stage honest with brichardi's i knew they would eventually breed for me so i never paid any attention so when i seen fry i was like cool and maybe one time i seen some eggs and a couple days later there were fry but i dont know who long the eggs were there before i noticed them now when my fronts start to breed i will pay 100% attention as for my brichardi i think of them as a cichlid guppy, but yes i am with you i would wait til they are free swimming buddy, sorry i couldnt help more my friend..

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store