FINALLY! New 10g tank has begun!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
thanks, I posted the plant pic in the plant section and got an answer Crinum Calamistratum. So you were right on =] ryukin!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
you get the banna plant yet?? i have one in my bettas tank and it shoots out a new leaf every few days. hey havent reached the top yet but im sure my betta will love i when they do.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Haha I wish but my LFS is stupid and always forgets to order them for me and I've gone in so many times and been p*ssed that they didn't order that I just gave up on asking. They have some that are just the banana shaped root thing, but I don't see those recovering. And I really don't want to get it shipped to me since I'd be paying more for postage than the plant itself. I still want two in there tho, thanks for the reminder haha. I do have 4 new endler fry in there, they just swim too fast for me to get pictures.
That's awesome about your plant! I love them, and yup I bet your betta will too!!!

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
Sweet looking 10 gallon, that's cute that your boyfriend gave you shells as a gift, shows he knows you, rather then just the chocolate/flowers thing :)
Btw, what is your substrate? It looks really good though! :D

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Sweet looking 10 gallon, that's cute that your boyfriend gave you shells as a gift, shows he knows you, rather then just the chocolate/flowers thing :)
Btw, what is your substrate? It looks really good though! :D
Aw thanks, that's sweet of you to say. And yea, aint he the best? :perv: : embarrassed: the substrate is just black sand from Petco.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Several reasons for having the filter on the side: 1) there is only a space in the top for the filter on the side in that spot 2) it's ugly (IMO) to have an intake tube and other "mechanical" things hanging out in the middle of the tank, that becomes the focal point 3) it doesn't make a difference in efficiency at all where the filter is in the tank. When you think about it the filter is the only source of suction in the whole tank, therefore the water would be drawn to that one point only and circulates throughout the tank. Having it in the middle would not make a difference because no matter where in the tank it is the debris and water will eventually make its way to the only spot in the tank that draws in water. IDK if that made any sense:eek: but yea...

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
I would suggest getting more hiding places for the shrimp if you plan on having fish in there too. Even if the fish wont eat them, the shrimp will just feel safer. The more comfortable they are, the more they will breed and the longer they will live. I have charcoal bamboo covered in Riccia in my shrimp tank. I always see them going in and out of the cave areas and amongst the riccia tendrils.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store