Fish getting worse! What infection does this guy have?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jakezori

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Despite my frequent water changes with distilled water, and addition of bacteria from other filters my levels are as follows.

ph 8

ammonia 1

nitrate 10

I can't find my nitrite card.

I suppose I will do larger water changes and add more bacteria.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Lordie that's not good to have that kind of reading on the ammonia. Do more water changes... you've got to get a 0ppm reading on that. Best wishes to you for your efforts on behalf of your fishies. Keep up the good work!

Jakezori

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Lordie that's not good to have that kind of reading on the ammonia. Do more water changes... you've got to get a 0ppm reading on that. Best wishes to you for your efforts on behalf of your fishies. Keep up the good work!

You have no idea how shocked I was too see the ammonia that high. I've been doing 50% water changes every other day. I guess it's up to 70% and the addition of more bacteria from my other tanks.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Are you using Prime to help with that. I really love that stuff... I sleep easy at night knowing I have that to detox the water if needed.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
What color is the nitrite ?

I would just use distilled water to do water changes now to lower NH3/NO2 and between dosage thruout the treatments (if mfr recommends it).

I rather not boost BB in Q/T at this moment as long as pH kept under 7.4. As long as
pH kept under 7.4 or even lower and No BB, any NH3 produced during/after treatment by fish or med are in NH4+ and since no BB avail, no NO2 will be produced. Thus no need to worry during treatment.

Correct the water condition before tempting further treatment with any meds.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Jake,

Hello! Are you there?

Oh, Dont tell me you lost fish due to NH3 exposure?

Still hoping for the best!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store