for those considering a cannister filter...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I came real close to buying one of these but was concerned about parts availability and the possible communication hurtles to get what is available. So then I looked at the a Fluval clone on ebay thinking that maybe they used identical parts but could find no prior customers to validate that.

So I finally settled on the real deal used (Fluval 404) and was quite suprised at the remaining durability and availability parts support everywhere. But I did like the looks of that Fluval clone made by Jebao not jabo, nice isent it for $53.

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
The guy I bought my used Catalina from awhile back said all the parts are the same as Fluval parts. I've never needed any parts though & cut my own filter pads from pond filters. That's a great price for the Jebao. How much are the actual Fluvals for the same size? I sure wish they'd come out with an FX5 clone! I love my FX5's.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I'm not sure I posted in this thread or not (think I did) but I've got 3 of these filters and I'm super pleased with them for the price. The price is up to $69.00 now though. There's also the Jebo brand that's the same thing also.
actually follow the link it's on sale for $55 + shipping

you have to look in the sale section.. if it's still $55 i am going to order 1 more.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
How much are the actual Fluvals for the same size? I sure wish they'd come out with an FX5 clone! I love my FX5's.
I think the lowest I saw a NEW Fluval 405 including shipping was $160, but its identical the the 404 and I just bought one for $35

They better not come out with a FX5 clone, I just bought one for $235 free shipping and Id be pretty peeved LOL.

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
Oh wow. I had followed the link but I saw the $69 and not the $55 :) Thanks! I think I need a 4th one, don't you? lol

thesixis

AC Members
Feb 3, 2009
New Jersey
What is the link for the fluval knock off?
Thanks

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
What is the link for the fluval knock off?
Thanks
If by chance you talking about the ebay item listed for $55. You just do a search on ebay for "175gal bio canister" and it should pop up as I think there is 10 of them, all I did was paste the picture. If your talking about the Catalina It's on this thread.

thesixis

AC Members
Feb 3, 2009
New Jersey
I found it on eBay for 52.99 +31.07 shipping...
That does not sound right to me...

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Well its $18 for me when I put in my zip. The seller is apparently out of California because he states that he must charge sales tax to shipments going to Cali. When I typed in a Cali zip code the shipping is $13 plus sales tax. Your state being NJ is a bit more but still a tad high on the handling charge. Maybe you can find a seller out of NY that should drop the shipping cost.

Here is another seller same item same price for $13 shipping anywhere, total $66. 5300 items with 99.9% reputation cant be all bad LOL.
175Gal BIO CANISTER AQUARIUM FILTER use FLUVAL PADS

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store