Gasping Lion and Tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I agree with morg it sounds almost like you had a cucumber or something likeit spaw and your critters all ate differing amounts of eggs. If I'm not mistaken ,"and I may well be", cucumber eggs cause death by renal failure and that might explain why only certain fish are affected and why the times of death are so spread out. I'm VERY sorry O.G. and I know this is just a guess but, we're trying
so sorry
Chris
:sad

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Yeah, that's a theory I considered heavily. There are urchins in the system, though no cucumbers. The problem with this is the lion--he was a lunker, and though he would chase small food items, he never ate them. The trigger, on the other hand, would go after anything and at least try it--so I keep thinking the trigger would be more likely to succumb to something like that than the lion. The mandarin and tang would certainly go after small food items--but I'd think the damsel and angel would as well. [shrug]

Sigh. I'm afraid this one might just be a stumper. All the remaining fish are still healthy and hungry in the hospital tank. The plan is to keep them out of the main tanks for at least a month--if it is a paraiste, it should die off without a host in that time; if it's a toxin, it should be removed by the carbon and skimmer by then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store