Ghost Shrimp ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
day 5 on preg shrimp.

the one all on her own is looking great.

the 2 in the 10g. one has lost alot of her eggs? and the otherone seems great.

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
If I move them or make some sort of large change to the shrimp tank while they are carrying new eggs they almost always drop them. Leaving them alone would be the best way to assure you get your official Ghost Shrimp belt buckle. (Mines all shiny!)

Good Luck!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
yea thats what i wanted to do was not move any of the 3. but i wanted one really secure. the other two are a small snack whenever my crayfish decides.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
they still look great. no devolpments on the eggs that i can see yet. nice green though.

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
I didn't really notice any development until right before the babies were born. Just a dark mossy green color.
A few days before they were born it seemed like she was having trouble keeping them in. I could see little tiny black eyes on a few.
It's really hard to name tiny invisible baby shrimp on the fly, so start making a list of appropriate names now!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
i will, i checked her this morn and no new news. almost 2 weeks now.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
turned a different tint green!!!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
still no development after the tint change. i cant wait to see if there freshwater larvae or miny adults or brackish larve.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
i see eyes and she has trouble keeping them in. looks like shes lost?/birthed? a few? i didnt see them in the tank?

Sarra

AC Members
Dec 8, 2007
I've got a pregger ghost shrimp myself!

What salinity level are you running? I should probably start lowering my tank's level, I think they're at the very high end of what's acceptable for ghost shrimp. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store