Ghost Shrimp ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
mine totally in FW. I checked her last nite and i could see the eyes easier, and there was a few missing. this morning i checked her and she only has one egg left. but i checked all over the tank and no babies?

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
still didnt see any babies, the few eggs left are getting really light colored. deff see the eyes really easy.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
no babies thus far. how small are they? does anyone have a pic please?

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
Whenever I try to photograph them they don't show up.. being so small and invisible.. When I saw one of the newborns I thought it was a small piece of human hair that had gotten stuck inside the tank. When I see one, it's usually hanging onto the side of the filter or thermometer.. I usually don't see 'em because they hide in the java moss. I have several young ones who just recently started coming out and mingling with the adults..they are about 1/3 the size and about 3 or 4 months old, I think.

What your describing is what happened to mine as well.. when I switched them to brackish they actually had babies.. I just had another set let loose yesterday and they were at it trying to make more yesterday evening!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
so in your first paragraph your sayin if their FW there just hiding and they will be for awhile?

I appreciate your help.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
hey flyte? my expert noooooooo your gone lol

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
Lol. I'm no expert but thanks :)

What I meant was, when I had them in freshwater there were no babies born, they just kept dropping the eggs.
After I had finished slowly changing them to brackish water, they started having tons of babies.
I thought the babies died but it turns out they were just hiding and came out a few months later.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
ahh, I must look really dumb laying on the floor watching for 30 mins on end lol. You can see my nursery on my link below. Im sorry the pics arnt apparent, you have to click em'. shes ontop the java moss in the lil tank. the java moss is on the left in the shot and you can make out her lil eyes. But in the pic you can see its pretty planted. I read to in diff spaces that they might eat there young? so I really planted.

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
Nah, I love sitting here watching them. My parrot and I spend lots of time just leaning over together watching the shrimp swim around. I guess we're easily entertained!

Opening your pics now, I hate dialup!!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
then im even more sorry there huge and you have to click em'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store