"God and religion" comment form one of the threads

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
As per the standards of this website...

Quote: "Unacceptable posts would be of a debatable nature such as: The reality of Moses, Bible quotes, debating the different religions. These threads could also cause heavy debate, arguments and hurting people."

I agree with the rules. I do feel that some are very 'strong' with thier beliefs, but may need to take the "thoughts" to another site.

I feel very strongly against how U.S. soldiers have to wear white gloves, as if they are lower life forms, when handing the koran to suspected terrorist killers. As I understand what these prisoners are, "they are not a polite, and sweet group of prisoners"... Why is it "beheadings" are forgotten?
Did some see "NightLine" late last night? 11:30 Eastern might be too late for some, and I understand.

Can someone post last nights "NightLine"? I'm a bit tired right now.. \

Get real.

Remember Nick Berg? How about the others' ... and the ones' we don't know about.

Last edited:

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
I believe in all religions and their is a god, i dont have the right to say this or that religion is full of **** anyways, but i dont believe in being force to live the ways of what ever that religion states you should. Theres no such thing as perfect :)

Nov 15, 2004
Not having Religious topics here is a good way to keep the peace, I hope it stays that way.....

Last edited:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Matak, I got you by a few minutes! :)

I see what you are saying..

I hope this Thread is not shut down. I hope it's kept open for our Troops overseaes -- very far away, in a land that many have "no idea" how they live.

I hope that many will understand there really IS a War going on.

Nov 15, 2004
meaning "do whatever the **** you want!" Whatever makes you happy...who is anyone to tell anyone whats "right" to believe.

Ok, Ok, now I cannot resist

Well, I have never had the belief in God...."whatever floats your boat". If you have belief, thats great, and if not, thats great too. I am not anyone to tell anyone what they can and can't do, so I will not try to. But if it ain't hurtin' you, why worry yourself to death about it? Its not a big deal to me. I understand fanatics and diehards will forever have their faith, and I have no deal with that. But when they try to cram all their beliefs down your throat, thats what bothers me. When you push your beliefs hard enough, eventually, someone will hate what you love, God is no exception.

Last edited:

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
I also thought this falls under the "let's leave it alone" stipulation in the TOS for posting in GCC. I guess the rules aren't very steadfast.

I agree Watcher. Is anyone here ever going to change anyone's mind? No. Might it create discomfort or (even subconcious) ill will towards members of different beliefs? I think so. Do I want that tainting my fishy/fun experience here? Nope.

At any rate, I still believe this is against the rules. If we don't stick to this one, why should we stick to the others? Things were going very well here lately (and does anyone notice this in relation to the past adherence to the "no religion/politics rule?") and I'd like to continue the levity here because things pretty much got really low and sucky for awhile some time ago... and much of it centered around these topics, IMO. Flame away.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Matak said:
...as I read Sub's sig line

:D
You know, that has bothered me for awhile.... But, I'm very tolerant..
Could that be a reference to a "rave group".

Either way, time to change it.

oops..Metallica, I think I heard one of their tunes. It was good!

It is offensive to some, so get real, or, ...

Last edited:

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Sub, here is why I push the issue, even though it might cause my removal from my beloved AC: If you were in a house that I wholeheartedly believed contained a ticking time bomb, I would do all I could to get you out. Even if you didn't believe me. Even if you found the subject of bombs to be invasive or personal or whatever else. I would have a moral obligation to get you out or at least try to convince you of the bomb.

I have a personal relationship with Jesus and I am wholeheartedly convinced of His salvation and the doom of those that reject or ignore Him.

I'll leave it at that.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
This is why I don't want these subjects here. I dotake offense to the idea that those who do not share Matak's faith (there are members in my immediate family, my friends, etc) are DOOMED to eternal damnation. That offends me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store