"God and religion" comment form one of the threads

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
Leopardess said:
This is why I don't want these subjects here. I dotake offense to the idea that those who do not share Matak's faith (there are members in my immediate family, my friends, etc) are DOOMED to eternal damnation. That offends me.
Exactly.

Puffernewbee

AC Members
Dec 9, 2004
Katy, TX
There is good that comes from religious threads.

I used to be bothered by Sublime1184's sig because I thought those may be his beliefs. Thanks to this thread I now see that he does not truly believe in God. By not believing in God, he cannot truly believe in Satan.

There is hope.

Nov 15, 2004
Matak said:
Sub, here is why I push the issue, even though it might cause my removal from my beloved AC: If you were in a house that I wholeheartedly believed contained a ticking time bomb, I would do all I could to get you out. Even if you didn't believe me. Even if you found the subject of bombs to be invasive or personal or whatever else. I would have a moral obligation to get you out or at least try to convince you of the bomb.

I have a personal relationship with Jesus and I am wholeheartedly convinced of His salvation and the doom of those that reject or ignore Him.

I'll leave it at that.
While at the same time I hope this stays civil, lets think about this. (if it does, we should be fine hopefully) Believe me, I would do the same to save anyone I could, no matter race\beliefs\sex\etc....but not for the same reason. Do you have to have belief in God to do the right thing? I don't think so....I have an obligation to myself to be the best person I can be, but religion isn't for me. If you take anything away from this, let it be this : I don't think that you are wrong and I don't think I am either.

Nov 15, 2004
Puffernewbee said:
There is good that comes from religious threads.

I used to be bothered by Sublime1184's sig because I thought those may be his beliefs. Thanks to this thread I now see that he does not truly believe in God. By not believing in God, he cannot truly believe in Satan.

There is hope.

Exactly, it is more of a statement of "do what you want if it makes you happy" not "I hate God and the Devil rules".

Last edited:

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Well Sub, I was trying to draw a parallel to shed light on my motives.

I am curious. What is so offensive about talking about the most loving person in history? I have always found that unfathomable. It is interesting. We could talk about Mohomed, Buddah, Sikh beliefs, UFO's or practically anything else under the sun with not much fur ruffling, but the moment the name of Jesus comes up, all hell breaks loose. I wonder why?

Nov 15, 2004
I do not cringe at the name or feel any different than if you said the name John or Mike......but.....

Matak said:
I have a personal relationship with Jesus and I am wholeheartedly convinced of His salvation and the doom of those that reject or ignore Him
its the association of the feeling "I am right, you are wrong, now burn for it" Like I said before, not a problem if you do or don't believe.

ash

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
It's not the Jesus. It's the tone that bothers me. And religious discussions are supposed to be off limits here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store