Going into day 4 with no power in NJ after Sandy.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
For what its worth, I did nothing to my planted tanks. Left everything alone and never fed the fish. I have found that as planted tanks go, if they are balanced with bio load it's pretty much symbiotic relationship. The unplanted tanks had me worried. After 5 days of no power I was pretty certain my fish were doomed. The planted tanks fared far better than the unplanted ones did. Too busy cleaning and trying to get the house in order to bother with a head count right now. Going to take me another day or so to get everything put away and need to service the generator along the way as well. Can't delay the servicing too long as the oil becomes acidic and we got a Nor'easter headed this way (Hope it loses it's way).

Hope you make out OK. Did you have a microburst?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Awesome strength in that storm. Micro burst..sudden downward burst of wind? You here abot them causing problems at aitports sometimes.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Well then. I wouldn't know if that is what happened or not since this happened in the middle of an historic hurricane and if anyone knew it was a microburst IN a hurricane I wouldn't know since I was without power for several days before even seeing any news.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
So it seems my RCS are all gone. We had quite a run for many years. I haven't given up all hope but I just don't see any in there. That's OK though since they may have been food for the amanos. I have 4 cardinals left from how many, I don't know. all the other fish are doing well. The plants seem fine also.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Wouldn't give up hope on the shrimp, my 29 dipped down to low 60's at one point and my cherries survived, maybe a few died but most are still there now.

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
Wouldn't give up hope on the shrimp, my 29 dipped down to low 60's at one point and my cherries survived, maybe a few died but most are still there now.
Same here. Down to 60, and I had little shrimplets in there. I am still finding some, so they might be hidden for you. All the best......

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Good luck Que!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
My tanks got chilly as well and I didn't want to know what the temp of them were as I would have stressed over them. I was surprised that the fry in one tank not only survived, there seemed to be a few more in there as well!

The news was comparing this hurricane to one back in 1938 for size and severity. Yes, it was certainly historic. It has to be of massive proportions for the governor to call state of emergency and shut down all the roads. I don't remember the roads ever being shut down since I have been up here, wife remembers Hurricane Gloria causing a shutdown. This was a first for me. None of the other hurricanes caused a shutdown since I been here even though they did massive damage. What I can't figure out, people live here all these years and then when a hurricane strikes they panic! It's not like it never happened before.....duhhhhhh!

Hope ypur fish are well and you too Ken.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store