Going into day 4 with no power in NJ after Sandy.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Day 10 now with no power but it's looking like tomorrow we will be back on. Two crews working on the two streets that feed mine from either end. The end is near! YAY!

PS: spotted on RCS in the tank today. There is hope I still have a few. YAY!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Good to hear, both power and shrimp sighting. I think I'd go crazy if I still had no power, but people less then 1/2 mile from me are still with out.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Stay strong. I remember hurricane andrew still when it hit Florida I was a tiny kid and the house we lived in in miami was new construction. So it did fairly well. Our neighbors lost their entire roof. I still remember my parents putting their mattress infront of my bedroom window as we all hunkered down in my room. So yeah I learned about hurricanes at a young age. I also don't get how people can forget about them and then panic. But my sympathy to anyone in the path of sandy. Hope you and your loved ones are safe. Remember what matters most and be safe

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Got power back yesterday at about 3:30 PM, then prayed we didn't lose it again with the nor'easter. Still good this morning. Ran off our neighbors outdoor GFI outlet and back fed water through it all. Tanks stayed at 66-70 generally for the whole time. Out of roughly 400 fish(Adults, Juvies, and Fry), I lost 4. Sponge filters in all 13 tanks, no feeding and 80% water changes worked magic.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Wow Que, glad you were able to get the tank moved to save most of it. You guys really got hammered down there, much worse than we got up here.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Hope your lit up soon Q!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Good you could move the tanks Que! Day 13 at my fiancee's house without power. But finally there are about 40 trucks in the area working to restore power. His house is ony a 10 minute ride from my house and that's where we normally stay, my house is for sale. I actually have a great reason to be happy that my house didn't sell yet since the power at my house was restored faster. When I left work yesterday in Parsippany, there were still many areass of Morris and Sussex without power. My company let the employees bring their children to work since their homes and schools were without power. Sure hope you get restored this weekend too!

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
It's definitely not pretty out there. There are still some people at my job with no power, and the utility company is telling them it could be another week! I consider myself lucky to have lost power for only 3 days, and have all my fish survive. Good luck to those of you who are still struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
This was a crazy storm, hope everyone is doing ok, in NY things are finally getting back to normal, still no gas or long lines and some areas still don't have power. I do not live by the water, so it was more or less ok in my area, some of my friends and has to stay at my place for days, no power small kids. We are still not able to deal with these problems as quick as hoped. Hope you are doing better Que!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
We went 2 hours and 15 minutes short of 13 full days w/o electricirty from ConEd. We have a whole house backup gennie that runs on propane, so we did not suffer a lot except for the cost of the gas which is insane. I had two deliveries for gas and you could set up a small fish room for what it cost.

Our power (to us and two others on the same driveway feeder line) was restored by a large crew from Entergy in Missouri.

No fish lost, one spawn so far from the P. comptas (L134).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store