Going into day 4 with no power in NJ after Sandy.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
Good luck with the power. I have found RCS are very durable. A few weeks after rehoming six goldfish from a 75G, I noticed some RCS...well not some, but a bunch! No food, no filtration, but they cleaned all of the BBA off the plants and kept multiplying. Apparently they'd come in on duckweed I'd fed to the goldies.

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
Good luck with the power. I have found RCS are very durable. A few weeks after rehoming six goldfish from a 75G, I noticed some RCS...well not some, but a bunch! No food, no filtration, but they cleaned all of the BBA off the plants and kept multiplying. Apparently they'd come in on duckweed I'd fed to the goldies.
Nice surprise! I read a post from someone that keeps them in a rubber maid container outside. The top freezes over during winter, and the buggers are still alive and well come spring time!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
So I got my fish back home today. Unfortunately my Farlowella got stuck in some plant roots and died over the last few days. I liked that fish. I also lost a rummy nose as well as some amano shrimp. I took the opportunity to rescape the 46 bow and I think it'll look good once all the dust settles. What a mess and a whole day job. There are NOT many RCS left but there are some. Time will tell if I have enough to keep the colony going. I have plenty of nice plants and hope they do OK with the move. I will get pictures posted soon.

Q tip # who knows...
Old filter floss works well as a general glass scrubber. It won't do the job of a scraper but will clean a lot off your glass. Just rinse it out and go for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store