Going to test the Dr. Tim's One and Only bacteria on a new tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Tank was $20.00 at my Petco here in Goodyear, AZ. There was only one of them though. The rest of the 20 gallon tanks were 20 gallon highs. They were not on sale.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Sweet, at my work we had a 15year old 55G tank break a seam at the bottom on Friday and I called Petco to see if the sale was going on, they told me it started on the 26th, so work had to shell out $100+ on a tank they could have got for $55 in another week if they could have waited, unfortunately the 30 fish in little goldfish bowls was not going to make it a week (freshwater). Good to hear yours started early and you got a good deal!

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Would you put a 4 bulb T5 on a this tank? Went and looked at the Panorama LEDs from Ecoxotic.
I would never put T5HO on a 13" high tank. I have three 20g longs set up with T5NO fixtures, they are perfect, tho mine are freshwater planted. If you can, try hanging the lights so you have options if you find it is too much light.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Lighting is going to depnd on what you want to keep but if I were going with T5s it would be a 4 bulb minimum just to have the color options. You can always turn 2 bulbs off or use some lower PAR bulbs like pure actinics. Suspending the light is another option.

Are thinking a mixed reef, species tank, LPS/SPS only?

The panoramas will be fine for LPS just not sure as a sole light source for SPS or nems. I think they would do well for those if they were up top but definitely want to do some more research. Sand dwelling nems probably would not do well though.

Last edited:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I would never put T5HO on a 13" high tank. I have three 20g longs set up with T5NO fixtures, they are perfect, tho mine are freshwater planted. If you can, try hanging the lights so you have options if you find it is too much light.
LOL. Funny. I would never put T5NO bulbs on any SW tank, I would always use T5HO at a minimum. Even Fish only, T5HOs have much more variety in bulbs to give fish better coloring. I have seen literally dozens of 12" tall frag tanks with 250w MHs over them.

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
So Ace, I know that you are into the whole LED thing seeing how you have built yours... what do you think of the Ecoxotic Panorama LEDs??? I mean, I know that are not up to "par"... lol... level of a diy LED or the AI's but for a Noob like me and my little 29 gallon tank... what do you think???

Going to put my t5's on the 20 gallon when I switch out the lights for LEDs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store