got2envy's 75g reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I love the tank. It looks incredible.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
I wanna get a flame angel..what do you guys/gals think? bad idea? anyone have experience with them?

rooter

Tommy Root
Dec 28, 2007
Ontario
i just bought one two weeks ago and it died:( but i deffinately will get another one due to it beong so friendly and unique

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Aww! sorry to hear about your fishy..I went to an LFS around my job on my break and they have a bunch of flame angels priced at $44.99..what is a good price for them..is this reasonable? how about the potters angel? what is the average price?

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I wanna get a flame angel..what do you guys/gals think? bad idea? anyone have experience with them?
I had one, was in QT for 4 weeks, once introduced into the DT, it was then covered in ich as were other fish. It ended up dying in QT. Other fish that were in it were fine.

nyumm forget his screen name, also had issues with his flame. I've heard of a lot of random death in flames lately despite the owner doing all things correctly. they are beautiful, but I'm probably not going to get another one unless I hear better survival rates of them and even then it will be in QT in hyposalinity for 6-8 weeks.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
My potters' through liveaquaria was only $89.99 plus shipping. That's how much I paid for my flame angel through my LFS.

A few other online stores I have seen for $50-60 but haven't been in stock. I'd pay a good chunk of change for a fish I loved that was eating well and looked healthy. I haven't seen them in any LFS I've been in, so no idea how that compares to anything.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Thanks guys and gals..leaning towards a regal tang..when it outgrows my tank i will give to my freind with a 210g or convert my 125g lol :p

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
went on my break to lfs and they have a hippo tang for $35 it is 3-4" may go back after work to get it..will wait on the angel till i see a potters up close..sounds kinda pricey tho

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store