Have angelfish questions!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Will this work? Sell 5 out of 6 and keep one and how long can i keep one angle in a 10 gallon planted tank?

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
^ I agree, even if his body is the size of his quarter, his fins are still long, some get the height OF a 10 gallon.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
They are going to be with 3 fish. 2 guppys and one danio. Dos anyone want to buy one? ill be getting them tomorrow. Ill post pics of them. but im not sure what kind of angel they are.

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
I would think the angel would bother the guppies, I think you need a bigger tank. I have a couple hundred juvenille angels right now, I am actually trying to sell them myself. That sound's like your best bet, try to sell them. If they are DD Black, Koi, or Albino you shouldn't have any problem selling them.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
If they are diff than the ones that you listed that means they arent that good? If they arent the ones that you listed above what dos that mean?? Why wont it be easy to sell them if they arent the ones that you listed ubove?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
just as an example, i have a 9 month old super veil angel, and he was already over 10 inches from top to bottom at 6 months old. now i think he is pushing a foot in height. he was kept in a 55g tank, and very rarely spread his fins out and seemed cramped. now, in a 150g tank, his fins are spread all the time. a 10g is not only too small for long-term, but cramped conditions can cause fin deformities, even in standard-finned angels.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
You , my friend, are going to need a much larger tank.
as far as these angels..you may be getting pea sized oned..you can keep these in a 10 for a few weeks.

they will out grow this tank as will a single angel.

a single should not be kept in anything less than a 20 and a pair in nothon less than a 29.

not all angels will grow to 11-12" superveils are different.

I have several angel pairs as well as singles.

keeping 6 may eventually lead into a pair then you will have some serious space issues.

I keep 2 pair in a 55 and they have pretty much divided the tank in half.

the bn's are fine as are other inhabitants..tho they may get terrorized during spawns.

I also have some very large males..the wild scalare are the tallest and in a 29 they don;t have a ton of room above and below when in full display..easily reaching 9-10"

you need a larger tank...did I say that already?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store