Have angelfish questions!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Ok, so i gess ill have to sell all of them. do you think i can put them in my 90 gallon pond out side with gold fish and lilies and a few other kind of plants? Its bilt in the ground. Dos anyone want to buy a angelfish or trade for it?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
you could put them in a pond, BUT!!!!!!!

-they will be easy prey for any predators that come around - raccoons, cats, birds, turtles
-the pond would have to be adequately filtered and maintained
-the temperature would have to be stable and tropical.

Honestly, i think you should just tell your friend that you can't take the fish.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
The pond is cold. Dos anyone want to buy a angelfish? Or do a trade?

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
I just got the angel fish about 5 min ago!!!!!!! But he only gave me 2, ill post pics when they are in the tank, they are in the bag floating in the tank. The are silver colored. They look souper cool!!!!!!!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Im so exited!!!! :headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
it's very difficult to tell sex until they are older. when they get into a breeding mood, their breeding tubes will extend and if you know what to look for you might be able to sex them. sometimes males will have a different forehead shape, or a more orange coloration along the top line, but it's pretty hard to tell.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
How big do these kind of angel fish grow? What size do they have to be when the 10 gallon is going to be too small? How old do they have to be and how big do they have to be when they will start to breed?

Draal5

AC Members
Apr 23, 2007
You have standard golds they will grow slower than other angels but will get to be 3-4 in body size double that with the fins.
Do not keep them with your guppies they will be a quick snack.
looking at the pictures I think you have 2 females.
You could keep them in a 29 with out any problems

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store