HELP!! Clown fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bloo1987

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
CA
Tank crash?!

OMG! So when I woke up this morning I had seen most of my fish missing. Then I looked around I have seen my Tomini tang and clown have died then I saw my angel die right before my eyes til its last breathe. :cry: I dont know what happened. After I posted about my clown fish on this thread it seemed okay the next day until the next morning after that. I checked all my levels and they were fine. Same levels as I have given here. 8.4pH NitrIte and Ammonia 0ppm and NitrAte 10ppm. I am so sad..... My other clown seems to be doing okay and copperband still good. I dont know what happened! Any advice and help anyone??

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
so everythign was okay, you added the clowns, one was not doing well (it actualy looked liek acclimation shock to me... how did you aclcimate them and for how long?) and then the next day everythign was DEAD?!
what else did you do to the tank in the time of the clownfish to now? water change? perhaps there was something in the bucket? soap for washing it out or even that was on a towel you used to dry it? did you stir up the sand bed at all possibly trying to catch one of your many many fish?
perhapds DO levels? what type of waterflow/filtration do you have?
good luck
if you can tell us everythign that you ahve done since adding these fish and also all the symptoms of all the fish (IE, heavy breathing, white film, white/black spots, not swimming well, redness, pale, light breathing, etc, etc, etc)
good luck

and yes... how old are you test kits?

bloo1987

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
CA
So when i woke up this moprning my other clown was dead. but i checked on it last night it wasnt doing so good so i put it in my QT tank. I put it in there cause when i looked at it before i noticed something bit its right fin and tail fin. They werent totally destroyed, but was nibbled on enough to notice.

When I put my clowns in i drip acclimate them for 30-45min. Then put them in. I didnt do anything to the tank after that besides add 2 cleaner shrimps. The clown that dided first I noticed small white spot but didnt think it was ick because it didnt look like ick at the time. Next day the spot was gone. But also my bigger clown was breathing heavily. Both clowns were swimming on the sand bed. Next day they came back up swimming near the top. Then my angel and tomini tang looked fine no ick no nothing. They both were doing fine night before eating and everything. Just in the morning when i found tem all dead. When I looked at my angel and tang when they died they were pale. Losing color.

I am using the API Salwater Master Liquid Tes Kit. Test kit about almost 2 years old. I am using a sump as a filtration system. If you click the link in my signature you can see it. Return pump is 350gph and a MaxiJet 900 265gph. So total about 600gph.

I think they died from stress cause of overcrowded tank maybe? If it is I feel really bad for that. Due to my stupid assumption that I can keep that much fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store