HELP!!!!! MAGGOTS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
well aparently i ask my friend if it was green on friday b 4 he left and he said yea everything was perfectly fine.. and then on saturday morning he left to his dads and i came home today which is sunday and something must of happened within those 36 hours

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you regularly turned your moss ball, right? if not, one side (the bottom) could have turned brown and as you were gone it deteriorated enough that it died?

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
hmmmmm.....(taps finger on forehead). i really don't know. maybe lights got left on or off? but i would think that period of time, on or off, wouldn't hurt a moss ball. maybe you got a moss ball that came with self destruct? lol.. just kidding. this is confuzzling.

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
ive had the moss ball for ever turns out my friend put the water from teh bag of shrimp and moss into the tank so something must have been in that bag.. but thats okay.. the seller is helping me out we resolved the problem

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
I'm still curious to see pictures if any are available.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I was just reading the thread about where you started this tank about 2 weeks ago. While it shows that you had filter media to "cycle" the tank, the tank is still very new as far as biofilm goes. Shrimp do much better in a tank that has been established for several months. The addition of the water from the bag may be what caused the shrimp that you already had in the tank to die, as it's qualities (ph, kh, gh, nitrates, etc.) were probably very different then what was in your tank. There is a build up of some wastes when any animal is shipped and adding that water to your tank water could have been enough swing to cause your livestock problems. Once there was some dead shrimp in the tank, the water quality would have gone down and could have caused your snail and your new shrimp to also die. As far as the worms go and the plants to have problems that quickly, I am not sure. When was your last water change before you left? Planeria, which is what the worms sound like, appear when the water in the tank is not changed enough. They are harmless to snails, shrimp, and fish. I am not sure, but the worms may have appeared because of the livestock die off causing the water quality to go down.

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
i will have some soon yea so i figure it out i think it is the water so i might do a water change in my 29 and take about 5 gallon and put it in the 10 and put 5 more fresh new water and let that settle for a day or 2 and then do some test on the water (am i able to do this)

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
That is not my picture, but what im going to do is take out the sand and do a water change in 29 gallon take 5 gallon from there add it to the 10 and then add 5 new gallon and then the next day do a 2 gallon water change... is that okay?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store