HELP!!!!! MAGGOTS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Get prepared to cycle all over again, and really that was excessive.

Kristina

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Yeah seriously why did you do that when everyone told you it was not a parasite and if anything your fish would eat them? If I bleached my tank every time I saw something moving that wasn't a fish I would have no fish at all. Tanks are full of stuff swimming around that eat the food the fish eat. As long as it's in the water and not attached to the fish for the most part it is fine.

Kali

Plagued by the "Tank Nazi"!!
Jun 8, 2009
Michigan
so what i did with my tank today was take all the water out bleach the tank take out the sand wash it and bleach the and heater and rinsed everything a long booty time so i dont get these things again

HOLLY OVERKILL!!

All you had to do was either wait for the fish to eat them or them to hatch and fly away. I would think that you would lose more stock from scrubbing and bleaching everything and having to start cycling all over again.

As for getting them again...all it takes if for a mosquito to lay eggs again.

ctenophor

AC Members
Jun 22, 2009
lol

i add mosquito freshly hatched mosquito larvae to my tank for food, and you bleach it! lol

if anything in a few days they would have metamorphosized and transformed into adults, and you would have a few in house for a while, but that would be it.

just release some geckos in side er something.

lol

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
from Wiki:
"Maggot is the common name of the larval phase of development in insects of the order Diptera (flies). Sometimes the word is used to denote the larval stage of any insects."

;)

I do believe tho that the house fly Maggot(larvae) goes thru 3 instar phases before pre-pupal
the mosquito 4 instar phases prior to pupal.

Just an FYI ;)(AKA food for thought)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store