Help Sick Goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ReefRaft

Respect My AUTHORITY!
Apr 18, 2006
WOW i just read the instruction on use and it said after first treatment do a 75% water change...lol that'll stress/kill a fish even quicker!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
WOW i just read the instruction on use and it said after first treatment do a 75% water change...lol that'll stress/kill a fish even quicker!
??????

water changes, even up to 75% or more, are not at all harmful to fish if you use a dechlorinating product and match the temperature. the only way it would be harmful other than skipping those things would be if you never have done water changes on the tank before and have Old Tank Syndrome and extremely high nitrates. then it will be a shock.

ReefRaft

Respect My AUTHORITY!
Apr 18, 2006
no i always clean the water like that every week... its just that when i waas working at a local fish store called The Reef the manager killed two huge cats by doing a 75% water change... well watever thanks for the post :)

P.S the goldfish does seem more active this morning. for the first time she swims a little bit when i come to the glass...Yay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store