help with mono aggresion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
All fish that are in the mono group need brackish water--there isn't a certain type that will survive being in FW for long. Some will tolerate lower levels of salinity, while others must go up to marine levels to survive.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
It is believed that the life cyle of monos is as follows: babies are born in freshwater where they stay until they are juvies which is when they move to brackish water. They stay there for a large amount of time and move out to sea when they are adults, to return to freshwater to breed then again return to the ocean. This is why Monos are so adaptive (and no it doesn't matter whether it is a Sebae or Argenteus). Monos should ideally live in brackish when young then get adjusted to salt as adults. I have 3 ~5" Mono sebaes in full saltwater. They love it and are happier than ever. So if you don't have a high brackish tank/saltwater it is best to avoid these. I have seen adult Mono sebaes in freshwater but I use the term adult loosely. They were old enough to be adult but were only about the size of my guys now, maybe smaller. Mine are still juvies, I got them ~6 months ago when they were 1" juvies. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck!

Vinhdeezel

Registered Member
Feb 17, 2005
thanks for all the post.. its been a long time.. i gave the mono away a long time ago after i just dropped fish all together and recently start again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store