hippo tang sick??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Sorry to hear about your loss.

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Sorry to hear about this. I have had more difficulty with these fish than all others combined. Glad to hear it never hit your display tank, good for you not making that mistake. I agree and disagree with some of the previous info. Adding any meds to a display is just a bad idea. Running the display fallow for 8 weeks will rid white spot 99.8 % of the time. I have done so and it worked for me several times. I agree copper and hypo both work, but after reading, and my own experience, hypo is the less stressful method for the fish. Anyway, I hope you have better luck with the next one.

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
i need to run the tank empty now for a month or so i guess to make sure its all dead and gone but i have a question.

in the tank is a cleaner shrimp.....do i need to pull it out of there? and if so the only tank i have to put it in is the 75 display and there is a 3in dwarf fuzz lion in there.....the shrimp is about 3in....would it become dinner right away or would it be safe?

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
If the lion is big enough to fit it into it's mouth don't be suprised if he eats it. As far as the fallow tank, are you referring to the qt or a display? I only ask because to rid the system it will take between 6-8 weeks minimum. I got the impression the fish never hit the display.

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
yeah im refering to my QT/rearing tank the 30g.......thats what the shrimp and chocolate chip starfish are in.....

i know i cant add the star to my 75 display cuz he'll eat my feather dusters and anenome's.....and wold hate the cleaner become dinner as well...

just wondering if the whitespot will affect them or live off them being in the tank

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Inverts don't host ich. Also don't put in hypo.
" Marine invertebrates have the same osmotic concentration as the surrounding water (Schmidt-Nielsen, 1975) and if left in the aquarium during hyposalinity treatment are most likely to die due to osmotic shock."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store