How big are your clown loaches?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

naps

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
Houston, TX
TommyR said:
That's your opinion and I respect that but I do not agree with it. I apologize if I seemed harsh.

Tom
if it makes you feel better I had 3 clown loaches in a 20gh for a little bit. People here told me what was up, I read some more, looked into it and I bought them a 90g, sure it took A LOT of saving but the fish are worth it. The clown loaches are much happier now. Just look at those videos and pics of clown loaches, you KNOW that those fish are going to need a much larger aquarium than a 20g.
Look into it is all I ask!! :cool2:

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
Down at the shop we have 3 that are all 10"-14" in a 380....my largest at home are perhaps 6".

Pic is of one of the 14" clowns:

0612170004.JPG

guppygirl123

Proud Member of the Muffin Mafia
Oct 15, 2006
U.S.A
Toirtis said:
Down at the shop we have 3 that are all 10"-14" in a 380....my largest at home are perhaps 6".

Pic is of one of the 14" clowns:
That is an amazing fish.

Shagmaster

LOACH CRAZY
Oct 31, 2006
Los Angeles
That is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVEABLE!!!
Amazing fish. :bowing:

Shagmaster

LOACH CRAZY
Oct 31, 2006
Los Angeles
TommyR said:
Yeah, well I'm keeping them AND I'll keep them where they are. They are fine where they are. They're happy fish. Work on your people skills a little more O.K.? No offence.

Happy holidays to all!

Tom

You should not be keeeping fish!! or any other animal for that matter. Cruelty is WRONG. Stunting, and the slow painful death that comes from it are not THEORY! Is FACT. people like you make me sick. Offence intended!!
Oh, and MY peolpe skills dont extend to people who are cruel to their animals

TommyR

Add water, makes it's own sauce!
Dec 15, 2004
Hudson Valley of N.Y.
Shagmaster said:
You should not be keeeping fish!! or any other animal for that matter. Cruelty is WRONG. Stunting, and the slow painful death that comes from it are not THEORY! Is FACT. people like you make me sick. Offence intended!!
Oh, and MY peolpe skills dont extend to people who are cruel to their animals

You're over reacting. My loaches are FINE. They are not dying a slow,painful death. I've kept pets of all kinds for MANY , MANY years thank you. All were treated like kings and queens, including my fish. Who are YOU to tell me how to care for my pets? Let me guess, your a member of PETA too right? Sigh...

RELAX, calm down and have a good holiday and new year. I'm done with this thread. I try to participate here and I have over the top fanatics like you blasting me.

Jeeez....

Tom

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
TommyR said:
You're over reacting. My loaches are FINE. They are not dying a slow,painful death. I've kept pets of all kinds for MANY , MANY years thank you. All were treated like kings and queens, including my fish. Who are YOU to tell me how to care for my pets? Let me guess, your a member of PETA too right? Sigh...

RELAX, calm down and have a good holiday and new year. I'm done with this thread. I try to participate here and I have over the top fanatics like you blasting me.

Jeeez....

Tom
you dont have to be a member of PETA to be against animal cruelty. local ASPCAs are against animals cruelty, but they are not a part of PETA. nobody likes when they see a dog chained up to a fence or a horse that is so skinny that you can see its backbone and hip bones. animal cruelty is just wrong.

they might not be dying now, but they will eventually. clown loaches are slow growers; it might take a bit longer than most fish. they will become stunted unless you move them to a bigger tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store