How big are your clown loaches?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cweg71

Learn to swim....
Jun 28, 2006
Virginia
3 of mine were bought by myself and they were les than 1 inch. I actually bought 4 but 1 died early on. The other 4 were adopted from a family member. They were housed in a 50 gallon hex for 7 years. The tank conditions were very good, but those 4 clowns were smaller than my 3 originals. They are all growing noticably now. My 2 largest are about 6 inches mabey a little more. But they are fat boys. Much broader than any of the rest. They also fight for dominance a lot. Their growth has been pretty slow and I have not had babies. From what I've read, they are difficult to breed in an aquarium. They will eat pretty much anything I throw in. I feed cucumber, flake, pellet, frozen, freeze dried, earthworms. They are pigs.

loaches2.jpg loaches.jpg

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
cweg71 said:
They will eat pretty much anything I throw in. I feed cucumber, flake, pellet, frozen, freeze dried, earthworms. They are pigs.
cweg, do you rotate what you feed them or do they inhale everything, also how many times a day do you feed the piggies?

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
I plan on getting at least 4 or 5 clowns when I get my 125, hopefully sooner than later. What kind of filtration would you recommend for the 125. I'd like to overfilter. Would two rena XP3's do the trick? I'm thinking I want to go planted for sure just don't know wheter it will be lightly or heavily planted, any thoughts? I'm set on six to eight rose line torpedo barbs for my school (they get 4-6")and the loaches. Not sure what else. I'm still thinking about it. Here's a pic of the Red line's in case your not familiar.

roseline1.jpg

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
I have 5 in my 75 gallon and they are great. they are between 3-4.5 inches. I just dont know where they will go when they get to about 6-8 inches.. hopefully i can get a 180 by the time they get that big (meaning own a home by then)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store