Hyposalinity & ick Help?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I used copper to treat ich in a hospital tank but I'd not use it in a display tank. It is also not recommended with some of the fish you have.

As for the "reef safe" cures. There is much debate over them, I've chosen to not trust them.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Well, from personal experience that stuff I posted worked for me and my neighbor. I only had to use it once many years ago but my neighbor just had to use it a couple weeks ago and no ill side effects in his 75G reef tank. Not saying that means it is safe and will work for everyone.. just my 2 experiences has been good with that product.

Robi

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Has anyone ever heard of meds. made by Poly Lab. I heard about it from a LFS he says that it works great and is reef freindly.It's called medic its made in canada and they have a web site for there products.

Last edited:

Robi

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
Grins the people you new that had bad experience with kick ick what happend.

Robi

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
What about my situation with no inverts or corals in the tank.Do you think it would work for me and does it actually kill the ick.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, there is no way to 100% rid your tank of ick. That's what has always been told to me. Now, fish like a Hippo Tang are very sketchy/stressful fish to begin with and that is reason they are usually the first fish to show signs of Ick. But the reason it got ick is usually because something in the water is out of wack and causing unneeded stress on the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store