Hyposalinity & ick Help?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
ya, that was something I heard from a couple LFSs and also after reading the Kick Ick bottle, it seemed to indicated that as well with its statement: "It has been scientifically formulated to eliminate the free swimming, infectious stage of the ich life cycle". To me, that sounds like it wont kill Ick in its non free swimming, non infectious stage.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
yes, I agree. Sucks that you have to wait until you have a problem arise before the medicine works.. obviously would be much better to make sure the tank is Ick free to begin with.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Does that apply to everything though.. frags you get from members of your reef club.. a new mushroom rock.. etc. Seems it should as ick can and will live anyplace in a tank. I don't often see people preaching about corals going into a QT like I do fish.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
I do agree, even though I have never done it myself, that QT is a very important step that no one should do without. I don't want anyone thinking I am trying to encourage people to not use a QT setup just because I have been lucky.

Robi

AC Members
Feb 12, 2008
I wish i got the speach about QT corals and inverts i wouldn't be in this mess.I do appreciate everybodies ideas and opinions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store