Hyposalinity & ick Help?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
good luck. i'm currently in a similar boat as you are...i have been keeping the ich at bay the natural way, feeding my fish, keeping them healthy and they have been fighting the ich...well the only one to have it was the blue tang anyways and it seems all gone now...with the help of cleaners and a very healthy diet they can have a strong immune system and over power the ich...my theory is that once the fish are too strong for the ich to host onto them, then they will die from the lack of a nutritional source (aka host)

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
I had an ich out break about a month ago. The funny thing was that only two of my fish showed signs of the infection. I then bought this product called IchAttack and my ich was gone in 2 weeks. The product was completely reef safe too, my corals and inverts did great. Though, I do not completely trust this med and I'm going to QT all my fish for 6 weeks and let my reef tank go without any fish.

I'm also doing this because I'm upgrading from a 55G reef to a 90G reef and when I start adding tangs and bigger fish into the loop of things, I don't want a giant infestation of ich in my DT. I would try and QT if I was you, it seems like the best way to go as where you stand.

By the way Grins, thanks for turning me on to QT. Your probably going to save me $$$ in fish! One question for Grins though, will my maroon clown freak out when I take him away from his nem? 6 weeks without your wife, that's a long time.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
please let us know how that worked for you. once again, my choice of treatment would be Sano Broad Spectrum Reef Tank Remedie, but to each his or her own. and everybody needs to stop recomending fresh water dips. it does more harm than good.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
and everybody needs to stop recomending fresh water dips. it does more harm than good.
Well, when I see a bad experience with it I may think of not recommending it for certain things, but having seen it done about a dozen times now with 100% success I think I will trust my own eyes on that one.

It is definately not a cure all for anything, but it is a helpful step to the healing process in some fish problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store