I dont have a clue what to get my gf

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
I'd say, give her some red roses and something expensive, maybe a nice watch or necklace.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
With that kind of budget, a vacation sounds in order to me. My gf and I enjoy that kind of stuff, though. We're both the outdoorsy type.

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
All I want for Christmas is for someone to by my college textbooks...$500 for this term's is ridiculous! Not all girls are into makeup/victoria secret/etc or jewelry. It really comes down to her personality...is she a tech person that would like a netbook or some new game/gaming system? The earthy type that would like gardening tools for this spring? Super-practical? In which case, has she mentioned needing anything lately? Even though something like new tires/car repairs she's having trouble affording doesn't sound very romantic, it says you care about her safety and I know I could've used a freebie like that a few times in the past. Vacations are always nice, even if it's just a day trip to go hiking/hit up a spa/check out some museums/insert her interest here, plan out a romantic dinner to end the day on.
I really don't know...I haven't even picked out anything for my husband yet. He's overseas and I can't think of anything material the Army doesn't supply that he'll want to be stuck hauling back home in a few months other than the care package stuff I normally send him anyway...I'm stumped too!

unvmyplecos

without sorrow happiness is nothing
Jun 26, 2008
NY
mac and cheese picture frames!! with 1 grand you can bribe a LOT of 1st graders

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
All I want for Christmas is for someone to by my college textbooks...$500 for this term's is ridiculous! Not all girls are into makeup/victoria secret/etc or jewelry. It really comes down to her personality...is she a tech person that would like a netbook or some new game/gaming system? The earthy type that would like gardening tools for this spring? Super-practical? In which case, has she mentioned needing anything lately? Even though something like new tires/car repairs she's having trouble affording doesn't sound very romantic, it says you care about her safety and I know I could've used a freebie like that a few times in the past. Vacations are always nice, even if it's just a day trip to go hiking/hit up a spa/check out some museums/insert her interest here, plan out a romantic dinner to end the day on.
I really don't know...I haven't even picked out anything for my husband yet. He's overseas and I can't think of anything material the Army doesn't supply that he'll want to be stuck hauling back home in a few months other than the care package stuff I normally send him anyway...I'm stumped too!

It's true not EVERY woman is going to like Victorias Secret etc, but I know you would be hard pressed to find one that wouldnt at least enjoy it. Basically what I am saying is get her a bunch of things you know she will enjoy & fits her personality. If she likes books get her books, likes jewelry get her jewelry, likes Gadgets get her gadgets or a compilation of everything. You know your lady best so all we can really do is throw out ideas. Hard to say what one would want if you dont know them. In that case giftcards are always a winner. Good Luck!

unvmyplecos

without sorrow happiness is nothing
Jun 26, 2008
NY
actually that sounds like a good idea
djfsolo

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
Didn't he say he's looking to NOT spend 2Gees?

Watch out for those "every girl loves" stuff. I always feel gypped when men go to Victorias secret- c'mon, you're not buying that for me, you're buying that for me to wear FOR YOU. And frankly I am too ticklish to enjoy a massage. Look around her place and pay attention to where she goes? Does she get her nails done every two weeks- pick up a gift certificate there. Does she burn yummy scented candles at home? Then go to Yankee candle. Do you know what kind of perfume she wears (if any)? Does she have a hobby (for me, keep the make up, I'd like a big Al's gift certificate)? Does she like to read? Note a couple books you've recently seen on her night stand and go talk to the people at barnes and noble- if you give them a couple authors/titles she's read they can steer you in the right direction.

Justahanna had a great point. If there is something she needs, those are often much better gifts than something romantic. You should know her well enough, is she a flowers and chocolate, designer bag, hair highlighted never leaves the house without make up type? or a mows her own lawn really wants crown molding type?

One of the best gifts I ever got were little gift certificates he printed up at home- things like "the bearer of this card is entitled to the washing of one weeks worth of dishes" and "one hot bath with candles and hot chai tea to be ready upon your return home from work" and other stuff- one trip to the market in the middle of the night for mint chocolate chip ice cream, one Football free fall Sunday, one trip to a family/friend event you know I dont want to attend- I could use them whenever I wanted and all I had to do was whip out the card- I LOVED those. It was one of the best gifts I ever got, and I used them all year! Another person actually copied a very romantic sonnet onto paper he had died with tea and burned the edges, rolled it up, tied it with a little red ribbon and put it inside an empty wine bottle (after he had removed the label).

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
LMAO^^ that would be more for him than her! although, i do like the idea quite a bit! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store