I dont have a clue what to get my gf

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Girls really like power tools and fishing equipment.

Trust me...

:Angel:

Mark

psyche

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
I would be thrilled if a guy gave me power tools. Maybe not fishing gear but a decent moutain bike wouldn't go amiss....

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
if you're going with jewelry i'd go with a nice tissot watch, necklace and earings to match. birth stones are always more personal but diamonds do stand out. with that budget i'd not overdo it on the diamonds though.

once you got the jewelry picked out plan your night. make it something intimate yet you'll both enjoy. make reservations at a nice restaurant and plan out where you're going after. it could be as simple as a movie or dancing or as different as a helicopter tour. top the night off by renting a room at a hotel with something special. it could be at the inn of the dove or just a jacuzzi room at the ramada... not for sex... for pampering.

now that you've got all that down you should have an idea what you have left for a budget. take that money and put it on a visa check card so she can go shopping for something to match her new jewelry and wear for "the big night".

if you know your girl you'll know what to do that night... everything else is just pampering and showcasing her... the idea is for her to be the spotlight even if only for one night. i find times like this go a long way. some women tend to need that boost in self esteem from time to time, especially during the winter blues. pulling out all the stops is one way to give it to them. just make sure you make a big fuss about how she looks. biting your tongue and encouraging others to make a fuss can only help your cause also.

EDIT: there's some decent ideas here, but turbosaurus really nailed it imo. women eat that stuff up. but you have to be okay with doing what you're told when you're told to even make the cards up.

Last edited:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Girls really like power tools and fishing equipment.

Trust me...

:Angel:

Mark
haha, you laugh Mark, but I would love either one of those gifts!

Winged

Likes being a biology major.
Jan 11, 2009
Louisville, KY
I agree with a lot of what has already been said on this thread. The things that "all girls love" are overrated and, to me at least, they say, "I haven't got a clue what to get you, but I have to get you something." Of course, if that's what she likes, that's different. But when it comes down to those type of things (make-up, perfume, lingerie, etc.), I usually prefer to pick those things out myself.

And I, like a few ladies, would much prefer the power tools. Or a new light for one of my tanks. Or a new computer. I like to get things I would actually use.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store