I need the help of betta people, please.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
He's in his new home and happily eating blood worms.

Old situation

In his new home

There ended up being 4 adult rcs
Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Thanks!

He's doing very very well, eating happily. Making the trip back to Dayton today. Mr. bobby is bagged with a few plants in my purse and his tank is drained to 2 inches and boxed up.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
looks like he may have suffered quite a touch of fin rot (black edges). once you have his tank back in order and filled up at your place, continue doing daily water changes to keep those fins from getting worse/help them to heal up.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
looks like he may have suffered quite a touch of fin rot (black edges). once you have his tank back in order and filled up at your place, continue doing daily water changes to keep those fins from getting worse/help them to heal up.
His fins are pretty ragged, he will get very frequent wcs with RO water. Should I dose meds

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i wouldn't. fins look like they are ok and will heal up with a clean environment.

why R/O water? tap water will be just fine with Prime. in fact, using pure R/O water isn't so good, as the buffers and minerals are not in it like with tap water or un-filtered water.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Our building is old and we aren't 100% sure of the quality. We even drink the RO at home. I would rather add things back then use the water here. Plus we run it anyway for the salt tanks

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
with saltwater tanks, the salt mix adds back in all the necessary 'stuff' to the water. with freshwater, there is no such product as far as i know.

how about do a test on your tap water, as far as what you can with an API test kit. at least you'd know about ammonia/nitrite/nitrate, and the ph.

if your municipality hasn't put out any warnings against drinking the local water, i see no issue with using it for the betta.

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
If you are still in or near Vermilion, your water is likely from Lake Erie, moderately hard and nicely buffered to pH 7.6-7.8...not bad for many FW fish. Unless you have "dont drink the water" signs posted in your building, the "water in the building" is usually not an issue because running it for a few seconds flushes the pipes anyway. I would run the water for 30 seconds then use it....dechlorinated of course.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store