!@#$, ich!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I usually go 2-3 teaspoons per gallon....and maintain the treatment for a full week after all visible signs of ich are gone...
Will 5 hatchets, 3 honeys, 6 neons, 8 white clouds, 1 hillstream loach, 6 cories, and 4 bettas be able to live in a 10g for a week+ without A) stressing to death or B) ripping the rest to shreds? I know I'll have to do at least daily WC's.

Or do you mean in the whole 75g? I'm about to google aquarium salt + snails, I'll post the result.

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
DP, the most recommended, successful time period for heat/salt treament is up to 2 weeks, 7 days MINIMUM/ON THE EDGE. I've had success with the salt/heat treatment, it's just frustrating to do it for so long. The cysts fall off the fish, land in the substrate, then little tiny ick-ettes are hatched in droves, and start the cycle again, unless the salt and heat are at work, whereupon they succumb to it. I suggest treating the entire tank (heat gradually up to 88F) for, if you just remove those with obvious symptoms, you're missing out on the source that caused it. Ich doesn't just appear when fish are stressed; if so, I have a few fish who would be encrusted in it!!! Good luck.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Will 5 hatchets, 3 honeys, 6 neons, 8 white clouds, 1 hillstream loach, 6 cories, and 4 bettas be able to live in a 10g for a week+ without A) stressing to death or B) ripping the rest to shreds? I know I'll have to do at least daily WC's.

Or do you mean in the whole 75g? I'm about to google aquarium salt + snails, I'll post the result.
The daily water change will be able to prevent the water conditions from deteriorating rather quickly although it seems none of your fish here are quite heavy waste producers, thankfully. Keep a watch on your bettas. Even females may have a go with your honey gouramis and other anabantids for sure.

Keep the tank barebottom, covered with dark background on all sides except front glass and provide pipes and floating plants for refuge. This will certainly reduce stress.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I keep my fish in a warm part of the house. I guess today is the day I buy a heater. I'm going to try this before anything else because I can't see my fish living in the 10g for 2 weeks, the snails (I read cories don't like salt too?) in the 75g would probably die if I added salt, and because it's just so much hassle that I feel sick thinking about it.

So, I guess I'll pick up a heater and try the temp for a few days. Forget the stress on the fish, now I'm a lump of worry. *sighs* I feel this is going to come out in disaster.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Cories are scaleless fish. They definitely won't like salt though most people have success treating them with salt before. The salt must be dissolved before adding to the tank.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Put the cories and snails in the 10 gallon and treat them with Rid Ich or something of the sort.

Then treat the 75 with heat and salt.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Put the cories and snails in the 10 gallon and treat them with Rid Ich or something of the sort.

Then treat the 75 with heat and salt.
The only problem here is that the snails are about the size of this: o, and there are dozens. With the pond snails and ramshorns in there, I'd probably get an amonia spike.

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
I think the cheries probably are gonna get friend by wither med, and high temps. Anymeds are gonna kill shrimp that will kill inverts.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I think the cheries probably are gonna get friend by wither med, and high temps. Anymeds are gonna kill shrimp that will kill inverts.
...?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store