!@#$, ich!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
or add an airstone...
I have a couple of new, small bubblers I'm not using, cost me a buck twenty. I'll set those up and maybe get another couple.

Also, I think I should take the hillstream loach out before I increase the temp. They're supposed to be pretty cold water, I don't think he'd make it at 85 degrees. I've read 17-21 for them, and 32ish seems a bit high.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I think the cheries probably are gonna get friend by wither med, and high temps. Anymeds are gonna kill shrimp that will kill inverts.
Unless the meds contain copper sulfate, they'll be fine.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Also, I think I should take the hillstream loach out before I increase the temp. They're supposed to be pretty cold water, I don't think he'd make it at 85 degrees. I've read 17-21 for them, and 32ish seems a bit high.
80 degrees is the highest they can tolerate but the water must be aerated very well to prevent them from being deprived of their oxygen which their hemoglobin requires.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Well, it's been more than a month, and this morning, I look at one of my neons. He's always had faded color and what appears to be a hint of scoliosis. He's always been more of a loner than the rest, and has never seemed to be healthy. He had been almost covered with ich. None of my other fish have ich on their fins or bodies, and as of today, neither does he. A nice christmas present, to say the least. I have added a lot of salt to the tank, which actually sapped a cory of all of it's strength for a few hours (he looked like he was going to die). I also have the temp on one side of the tank cranked up, it was getting a little too hot, so I turned it down a bit, but it's still at 82.5. The wierd thing is, Lupin, that the loach seems to stay at one wall one day, then switches to the other, and litterally sits behind the filter in the 3/4" gap. The temp was around 85 at the time, and he seemed to really enjoy it. The hole tank wasn't that temp, as the other end felt cool, and it was only warm around the heater. Now the whole thing is almost tropical at the worst, and most is tropical temp. The fish love the heater, and it was a good purchase.

I'm happy with how things are going, I just have to wait a few days for the ich to die off if it doesn't re-infect. The 2" thick book of fish diseases I have from the veterinary colledge in PEI says that without a host, the young can only last 48 hours. It also says UV light kills them :confused:. I'm staying safe than sorry and keeping it up for at least another week. Merry Christmas all,

-DP ;)

livingword26

AC Members
Dec 5, 2006
Kansas, USA
www.aquariacentral.com
Here is a quote from a link posted earlier in the thread:

http://tetra-fish.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38404&postcount=2

This is very important: This treatment needs to be kept up for 7 to 10 days AFTER ALL of the white spots are gone from the fish. If you do not keep up the treatment after the spots are gone, the remaining parasites in the tank will not be killed and the fish can be reinfected.

Don't jump the gun now, your almost there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store