ID?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
You're welcome. ;)?

Mylochromis in general aren't that common. Not sure why, they're attractive fish. I can't recall ever seeing M. mollis, M. mola, or any of the M. sp. 'mollis' varieties. I may have, but just wasn't in the market for them at that time. And I haven't been looking at all for several years now.

WYite

P.S. You're really making it hard for me to stay away from rifties again... ?
Haha, just think about those cryptoheros when you start to relapse
I searched my usual go to places and found a few Mylochromis, but no mollis, which is probably good since my rift tank is pretty maxed out although I could probably “squeeze “ a few more in LOL . I like these scuba vids but damn i see stuff that makes my jaw hit the floor and I start searching

Reactions: Wyomingite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Great, i now know what this fish is on my fish wormer xd

View attachment 229387
That guy is either an Aulonocara sp. 'stuartgranti maleri island' or an Aulonocara baenschi 'benga yellow'. I'm pretty sure it's the latter, actually. I've always had trouble telling them apart and pictures on packaging can be distorted.

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
That guy is either an Aulonocara sp. 'stuartgranti maleri island' or an Aulonocara baenschi 'benga yellow'. I'm pretty sure it's the latter, actually. I've always had trouble telling them apart and pictures on packaging can be distorted.

WYite
Lol these sunshine types always give me trouble too

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK

WYite
Well the photo on packaging is not distorted xd its my ipad camera that bad but no worries i am getting samsung galaxy s20 (at least i should get it lol) this summertime if i get a job :,D

I’m not either lol, unless it’s something I’ve kept
to my surprise i once identified an upside down catfish but i am a noob at iding anyways ?

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Lol these sunshine types always give me trouble too
Yeah. Especially all the stuartgranti varieties that are now starting to be separated into different species. Some are so close the differences are minute.

The dorsal is yellow, so that rules out the flavescent immediately. Flavescents are one of my favorites, along with the mdoka flametail.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Well the photo on packaging is not distorted xd its my ipad camera that bad but no worries i am getting samsung galaxy s20 (at least i should get it lol) this summertime if i get a job :,D

to my surprise i once identified an upside down catfish but i am a noob at iding anyways ?
Was it upside down? Lol JK there’s actually a few types of synos sold as upside down cats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store