I'm Back!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Lookin good man. If you're looking for new stuff I've got some branching hammer frags and some blue and brown button polyp frags to trade.

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
I would love to trade but I haven't gotten my light yet so I souldn't get any more coarl.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Please let me know what you think. I'm haveing a bit of a problem with aptessa or how ever you spell it. I got some Kalk mix and I have been put that on them but you have to do it twice or they come back. It seems that they are popping up as fast as I kill them.

Wow I was just looking over at the tank and my Sail Fin tang is swimming into the flow of my Koralia 3 like he's in a lap pool. LOL it's so cool to watch how they can move threw the water.

I have a question about my sand. It seems to be getting a very very thin green coating over each grane of sand. Sould I be doing something to stop this?
Looking at your full tank shot I can't see many powerheads. How many do you have? Increasing your flow might help.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
I have 1 Koralia #3 and a Rio 600 in the display and a Mag drive 950 in the sump. That means that there is 2300 gal and hour run threw the display. I thought that would be enough. Maybe not.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Welcome back! Ya, that is definately not enough flow. I would probably replace the rio and add 2 more koralia3s, one where the rio is and one on the back wall.

If you get to the point were you are going to get your lights I can help you do a retro canopy. Much cheaper than buying a fixture, and better lighting. Since you have the woodworking skills the building of the canopy should be easy.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Welcome back! I always count my return, but it is such a small amount in the grand scheme of the flow in my tank, that it wouldn't make a difference if I included it or not.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Wow that is a lot more then I thought I needed. I'll have to look into getting those #3's I guess. I wouldn't mind I am having no other problems with algae growing in-fact I'm worried that there isn't enough for the fish to pick at.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
If you get to the point were you are going to get your lights I can help you do a retro canopy. Much cheaper than buying a fixture, and better lighting. Since you have the woodworking skills the building of the canopy should be easy.
I was already thinking about making one myself. I started to see how much it would be for all the parts. I would love some help. I'm not a electrician.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store