I'm Back!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Yeah Me too. I just checked out your 90gal thread. Now that looks great! Nice work. I can't beleave how much stuff you have in there.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Xenia? I'm not sure what you mean.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Hey Guys I'm thinking of getting Wrasses for tmy tank. I just not sure which one if any will get along with everything in my tank. I'm thinking of getting eather a Longfin Fairy Wrasse or a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse or maybe a Six Line. I really like Ace's that is in his Avitar. There is a list at the beganing of this thread of what I have so far. Please any help with the pick would be great.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Honestly, I'd stick with what you have. Besides, you don't want any wrasses potentially outcompeting your mandarin.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
That's a good point. For some reason I didn't think about that. I have to say I was a bit nervous about taking him He was really thin when I got him. I have had him for about 2 weeks and he looks much better. I just hope my tank can keep up with him. My fuge is full of pods every one in a while I take out the macro that is in in the fuge and shake it out in the display.

Well thanks for the Help that helped allot and I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, I loooooove my African Leopard Wrasse (which I am told is the correct name and what all the wholesalers list/sell them as), but it also goes by Splendid Leopard and Divided Leopard. There is also a Potters Leopard and I just saw a Choate's Leopard come in to the store today. I did have to buy 2 of the African Leopards to get one to live though. $50ea. They are not hardy fish to establish, which I found out first hand, but when they do acclimate good they seem to be very hardy after that.

I am not a fan at all of mandarins.. tried one myself, lasted 8 months, but just too difficult of a fish for me. It is true though, most wrasses will compete with the mandarin for pods, but unlike mandarins, wrasses can survive on other food as well.

We just got in a shipment of fish today.. soooo many nice ones. One of the guys I work with is a walking encyclopedia on salwater stuff, knows every scientific name to every fish and coral. I swear he has read every book written on the subject. He is the one that goes down to Los Angeles on a weekly basis to 4+ wholesalers and hand picks/catches the fish himself and he always comes back with at least 6 or more "new" fish that I have never heard or seen before. You would think 14+ years in saltwater I would have seen most of the fish, but since starting to work at the LFS every week I am seeing at least that many new fish I had never heard of. I enjoy it greatly even if I can't buy a lot of them (like tangs/angels). We just got in a Multi-Colored Angel and it looks sooooo cool.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Hey if you figure out what you want to do for a canopy let me know...sounds like you've got the woodworking skills covered but I could come by and give you a hand with the wiring if you need...I've built several.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store