Injury questions OK here, too? Shubunkin with wing damage...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
When her fin starts healing, what will it look like? Did a water change this AM, but waited to remedicate till this afternoon, as the instructions said every 24 hrs. Am now wondering, since it is in the water and I took water out, if I should have gone ahead and redosed at that time.

There is a little white now at the edge of the fin, but it doesn't look fuzzy. Do I have a little fungus again, or the beginning of healing? Indy is hiding in the corner again, like she did the first day, and not eating much...maybe just a belly ache from being pickled...I hope. Tested the water again and it looks good. I think tomorrow I will do a slightly smaller water change and remedicate immediately. I'm afraid I may have given the fungus a chance to come back by waiting :(

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
she may also not be feeling well due to ammonia in the tank. how often are you doing water changes?

if the white doesn't look fuzzy it may be new fin growth. can you get a good clear close up photo?

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Water changes every day, 50%. Ammonia at 0 when I checked last night. I will do another change this morning, and remedicate right after. Will try for a pic...
Thanks,
Jen

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
sounds like an adequate schedule to keep ammonia down. she could just be stressed a lil from the meds, but the meds need to be continued until the fungus is gone, and then i'd med for a few more days to be sure. keep up the good work!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Is it getting better, or worse?

The bit of orange in the water is a teeny piece of carrot I offered her, as she doesn't seem very hungry :(

Is this a clear enough shot?
IMG_4746-1.JPG

This 'up til midnight' thing is killing me...I am usually asleep by 9! Yawn...

Jen

IMG_4746-1.JPG

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
hard to tell with that photo whether it's still fungus or if the fin is regrowing some.

i might feed with more protein rich foods to help her regain strength and condition from being stressed by the meds/tank change, etc. i'm not sure of the exact dietary requirements of goldfish, but i would think they could eat pretty much everything that other fish eat. try frozen bloodworms or mysis perhaps. just shave a lil off the block and see if she'll eat the small amount so that you don't waste the food or foul the water.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
That new picture doesn't show anything serious to me. You did a good job fending off the fungus with treatments. If she is not eating at all, smear the foods with garlic to get her to eat.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Garlic? Really? My husband will eat anything smeared in garlic...might have to try that...

Bought some frozen bloodworms, but she is ignoring them at the moment. Wonder if the fish in the pond might like some...

Seriously, thanks again for the help, Lupin and BettaFishMommy. I hope she can go back in the pond this week.

Jen

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
I am starting to worry now--again. She hasn't eaten anything at all as far as I can tell, today, and no fish poo to scoop, either. I think today is day 4 of the medicine. I am afraid she will die of starvation before I can get her back in the pond. Her fin looks about the same as the last pic. She has mouthed a few blood worms, but spits them out again, and doesn't want to come to the surface for the pellets at all, even with garlic. I am trying to find a way to weigh them down so they stay at the bottom.

Do you think it is safe to put her back in the pond now? I feel like I am killing her instead of helping her :(

Jen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store