Interesting CO2 Cylinder Refill Information

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
28CDN/26.22US isn't really that bad for 20# as it's $7CDN/$6.55US per 5#. Granted most places charge an initial refill fee then increment by a smaller amount for the next sizes up.

I guess the prices under $100 for a 10# aluminum cylinder aren't that bad. Divide that by 5 for $20/year and just trade it before the hydrostatic date expires.

FishyMatty

FishKiller
Jan 30, 2007
Milford,CT
I would love to have a nice aluminum tank that could be part of the decor but to me its just easier to walk in with an empty tank and walk out with a full one in 5 min.
Nolapete.
You have to buy the cylender first. thats the expensive part, I may be lucky that the refil is so cheap but the cylinder was almost $100. So its a trade off. I know you can get real nice aluminum ones online for $70 or less(5lb).
I would have done that if I knew, Hind sight.

cichlidkeeper91

AC Members
Jul 8, 2006
Dang if you guys are talking about co2 tank refills. You guys are paying a lot for those refills. I have a 5lb co2 tank and I get it filled at my local liquor store for $5. One dollar a pound.

vic46

AC Members
Jun 9, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
wow 28 for a refill thts steep. I get mine refilled at the same place i bought mine. It's welding shop and it cost the same for a 10 and 5lb. The cost of the 10lb was 110 for a used steel. The cheapest i found was 98 for a 10lb but the shop was to far.
You confuse me. I get a 20# filled for $28CDN. What do you pay for a 10# fill?
Vic

The alpha fish
Sep 7, 2005
Church Hill, TN
www.patrickcobb.com
Look on your local craigslist for cheap tanks, I found a used 20lb alu tank for $50 and talked the guy down to 40 because the hydro stamp was out. after I got it I took it to the local airgas place and paid $12 for an exchange. The guy told me to just toss it over with all the rest and grab a new one, never even asked about the hydro date. I have been running it for 6 months now and it is still very heavy.

To see how much you use put your empty cylinder and regulator on a scale then get it filled and weigh it again. then when ever you want to see how much you have left just slide the bathroom scale under it. gives you a very good idea of how much you are using a month so you can see how long it will last.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store