Interesting CO2 Cylinder Refill Information

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
You live in Cali, MGamer....the humidity is so low that I never had to take extraordinary measures to keep stored firearms from rusting in SoCal or NorCal. Same with the states just east of the Sierra Nevadas. You know that "air rust" you get on staples holding together old documents? Takes over 40% humidity to usually get that.

Anywhere else, it seems steel tanks just turn into rust monuments unless you keep them painted.

v/r, N-A

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
hmmm...I didn't see any comments on a 30. When setting up a fridge as a "kegerator" a coupla years ago, I found it was about $70 vs $130 for a 5lb vs a 30lb. Two years and I still haven't needed to refill it. I was even thinking of teeing off the 3 PSI from the regulator & sending it thru a superfine stone for a little added CO2.

--Don

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
Good point Pete. My 30lb'er is in the basement below and ~15 feet away from my 30G tank. Upcoming 75G will be about 20' away in the basement.

Not everyone has basements...or the desire to put a hole in the floor (though a 1/4 or 3/8" hole next to the wall is darn near invisible, especially behind the tank)

--Don

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store